HSC exam Music 1 & Music 2
This course offers the opportunity for Music 1 stage 6, and Music 2 stage 6 students who are undertaking their High School Certificate (HSC) in music composition to broaden their compositional knowledge, and strengthen/develop their compositional skills.
- For all the students who are preparing HSC
- Class duration : 60 minutes
- Course duration is 4 terms
- Class maximum of 4 students
Our highly experienced teachers will help all the students to get their best results. Meanwhile, the following abilities and skills will be tremendously developed during the studies:
- The ability to compose simple and more complex melodies, counter melodies, harmonies, non-melodic ostinato patterns, and complex rhythms. Focus on a range of concepts from familiar and unfamiliar sound sources, and writing for various types of instrument ensembles ranging from solo, small, and large ensembles using a variety of musical structures towards the development and creation of a whole piece of music.
- Develop skills in improvisation, arranging, experimenting, structuring, motivic development, notation, and use of different types of technology that will serve as a benefit to the student for their composition.
- Focus on multiple compositional styles that can serve as a point of departure for the creation of the composition – ranging from world music, classical, romantic, 20th century, and contemporary- classical styles, as well as cross-cultural music.
- To creatively draw inspiration from everyday experiences, sounds, nature, mediums such as photographs, film, and the ability to confidently communicate and channel these inspirations into the form of a musical composition.