Advantage of Group Studying
As group piano teaching has gained acceptance throughout the profession, Music educators and piano teachers have credited it as viable format for teaching. Studies have found that group instruction is effective in developing both performance and musicianship skills.
- Provides confidence in playing for others
- Foster valuable learning atmosphere.
- Stimulates critical listening as students hear other students perform and comment on these performances.
- Allows students to broaden their musical experiences.
- Provides a friendly-competitive atmosphere.
- Facilitates the performance of ensembles including duets, trios, quartets and multiple piano ensembles.
- Encourages students to develop skills in solving their own problems
- Establishes a sense of group spirit and group dynamics that increases motivation.
- Fosters the development of communication skills.
- Allows students to learn from peers as well as from the teacher
- Increase attention span allowing the lesson time to be longer than private lessons.